Academic Unit Requirement for Graduation
Under the Academic Unit System, each course is assigned a certain number of academic units (AU), typically 3 AU. AU is a measure of the student’s work-load associated with both class attendance and preparation.
The total number of AU required in both B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programs to qualify for graduation is 140/141^ AU.
Breakdown of AU Requirement for the Programme
Students are to fulfil the specified AU requirement in the B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programs, according to the broad groups of courses in the curriculum structure indicated below.
||General Education Requirement: Core Courses (GER-Core)
· HW0188 Effective Communication (2 AU)
Communication (2 AU)
and Innovation (1 AU)
· GC0001 Sustainability: Seeing through the Haze (1 AU)
· HY0001 Ethics and Moral Reasoning (1 AU)
· ML0003 Kickstart your Career (1 AU)
· Kickstart your Career Success (1 AU)
· CB0494 Introduction to Data Science and Artificial
Intelligence (3 AU)
· EG0001 Engineers & Society (3 AU)
|General Education Requirement Elective (GER-Elective)
in Business Management (BM) (3 AU)
in Science, Technology & Society (STS) (3 AU)
in Liberal Arts (LA) (3 AU)
||CBE / BIE Core
|Major Prescribed Electives
|Total AU Requirement
^ For students who do not have “A” level Physics.