Academic Unit Requirement for Graduation
Under the Academic Unit System, each course is assigned a certain number of academic units (AU), typically 3 AU. AU is a measure of the student’s work-load associated with both class attendance and preparation.
The total number of AU required in both B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programmes to qualify for graduation is 136 AU.
Breakdown of AU Requirement for the Programme
Students are to fulfil the specified AU requirement in the B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programmes, according to the broad groups of courses in the curriculum structure indicated below.
* Students who opt for the 8AU Industrial Attachment (IA) are to utilise the extra 4AU required from GER-Unrestricted Electives. **For students without 'A' Level Physics and need to take PH1012 Physics A (4AU).
||General Education Requirement: Core Courses (GER-Core)
- Absolute Basics for Career (1 AU)
- Career Power Up (1 AU)
- Engineering Communication I (2 AU)
- Engineering Communication II (2 AU)
- Engineers & Society (3 AU)
- Ethics & Moral Reasoning (1 AU)
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation (1 AU)
- Introduction to Sustainability (1 AU)
|General Education Requirement: Prescribed Electives (GER-PE)
|General Education Requirement: Unrestricted Electives (GER-UE)
||CBE Core Courses
BIE Core Courses
|Major Prescribed Electives
|Total AU Requirement