Academic Unit Requirement for Graduation
Under the Academic Unit System, each course is assigned a certain number of academic units (AU), typically 3 AU. AU is a measure of the student’s work-load associated with both class attendance and preparation.
The total number of AU required in both B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programmes to qualify for graduation is 138 AU.
Breakdown of AU Requirement for the Programme
Students are to fulfill the specified AU requirement in the B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programmes, according to the broad groups of courses in the curriculum structure indicated below.
||General Education Requirement Core (GER-Core)
- Effective Communication (2 AU)
- Technical Communication (2 AU)
- Professional Communication (2 AU)
- Environmental Sustainability (3 AU)
- Engineers & Society (3 AU)
|General Education Requirement Elective (GER-Elective)
- GER-Elective in Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences (3 AU)
- GER-Elective in Business & Management (3 AU)
- GER-Elective in Science, Technology & Society (3 AU)
- GER-Elective in Liberal Studies (3 AU)
- GER-Elective in any areas
|Unrestricted Elective (UE)
|Total AU Requirement