Academic Unit Requirement for Graduation
Under the Academic Unit System, each course is assigned a certain number of academic units (AU), typically 3 AU. AU is a measure of the student’s work-load associated with both class attendance and preparation.
The total number of AU required in both B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programs to qualify for graduation is 140/141^ AU.
Breakdown of AU Requirement for the Programme
Students are to fulfil the specified AU requirement in the B.Eng. (CBE and BIE) programs, according to the broad groups of courses in the curriculum structure indicated below.
||General Education Requirement: Core Courses (GER-Core)
· Engineering Communication I (2 AU)
· Engineering Communication II (2 AU)
· Introduction to Sustainability: Multidisciplinary Approaches and Solutions (1 AU)
· Ethics and Moral Reasoning (1 AU)
· Enterprise and Innovation (1 AU)
· Kickstart your Career Success (1 AU)
· Introduction to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (3 AU)
· Engineers & Society (3 AU)
|General Education Requirement Elective (GER-Elective)
· GER-Elective in Business Management (3 AU)
· GER-Elective in Science, Technology & Society (3 AU)
· GER-Elective in Liberal Arts (3 AU)
||CBE / BIE Core
|Major Prescribed Electives
|Total AU Requirement
^ For students who do not have “A” level Physics.