All calculators to be used at examinations must be registered with the School and affixed with a seal. Students only need to register their calculator with their School once during their period of study in the University. Re-registration of the calculator is only required if there is a change of calculator or the seal on a previously registered calculator is broken.
Students can register their calculators at SCBE Undergraduate Office, located at N1.2 – B3, during the office operating hours, Monday to Friday, from 9.00am -11.00am & 2.00pm – 5.00pm.
Please refer to the list of Approved Models [PDF|67KB] or Disapproved Models [PDF|28KB].
- If your scientific calculator model is not listed in the above lists, it means that it has not been evaluated by us. You would need to submit an application to have your calculator assessed. Please go to the appropriate registration venues with the following:
· Application Form for Calculator Approval [PDF|77KB]
· Calculator to be assessed
· Calculator manual
- The University allows the use of graphics calculators but students are responsible for clearing any information and/or programs stored in the graphics calculators before the examination.
- Please note that we will not approve and register any new programmable/graphics calculator other than the models in the approved list. Students are required to refer to the approved list before purchasing any new programmable/graphics calculator.
- Please register your calculator as early as possible since it may take up to 2 weeks to assess new calculator models.