Students must apply for a short leave of absence or medical leave with the school if they cannot attend classes on the following occasions:
- On days when there are laboratory sessions.
- On days when quizzes or tests are conducted during classes
- On any occasion during the attachment/internship, students must submit leave application or medical certificate via the online leave system under the attachment/internship module in the StudentLink.
- On any other occasions, the tutor(s) or lecturer(s) has the rights to deem the students' attendance as compulsory.
1. Short leave of absence
Applications must be submitted to the SCBE General Office not later than 7 working days in advance of such leave. Applications submitted less than 7 working days in advance will not be accepted. Students should not go on leave during the abovementioned occasions until approval has been obtained.
Click here to download the short leave absence form.
2. Medical Leave
Students who are granted medical leave on the abovementioned occasions must submit the medical certificate to the SCBE General Office.
All medical certificates must be submitted not later than 7 working days after the medical leave to the relevant offices. If students submit the medical certificate after the deadline, they will be given zero marks for any test or quiz that they were absent from.
For medical leave taken during examination periods, please click here for the application procedures.
Note: The University only recognizes medical certificates issued in Singapore by Medical Practitioners registered with the Singapore Medical Council or Dental Officers registered with the Singapore Dental Council.
Click here to download the medical leave form.
3. Compassionate Leave
Compassionate leave will be granted in the event of the demise of an immediate family member (defined as parents, siblings and grandparents). Absence from School within 7 days of the event and on the day of the funeral will be accepted as a valid leave of absence on compassionate ground.
4. Semester Leave of Absence
For students who wish to apply for a Semester Leave of Absence, please refer to the following link:
Categories of leave not approved
- Returning to home country during festive periods e.g. Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, etc.
- Participating in activities (in and outside campus) organized by student bodies during the various occasions mentioned in the point above.